It was hard to pack all the flavors into one title for this recipe. Usually I call this my Christmas wreath dip. But you can make it all year round. Just maybe not in a wreath shape. This is also essentially a recipe for Trader Joe’s Tomato & Pesto Torta, if you are a fan of that.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (sometimes I leave this out, and it still comes out good)
- 1 (8 ounce) container of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry vermouth (optional)
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil!)
- 3/4 cup pesto sauce
5. Turn the dip out onto a serving plate (I use a pie pan for the wreath shape), and remove plastic wrap. Don’t worry, if it doesn’t fall perfectly, you can always use a spoon to move it around, and get it back into its circular shape. But I find that I only have problems with that if I don’t refrigerate for an hour.
4. Serve with crackers or crusty bread.
This is always a fun unique dish, to mix things up among the taco dips at a pot luck!