It’s done! It took 4 weeks from start to finish and our kitchen transformation is complete! I had no idea my old kitchen was that ugly until I put these two pictures together… mind blowing.
Whoever invented microwaves raised over the oven was a genius. It’s life changing.
It’s really tough to pick a favorite part of the new kitchen, but this may be my favorite:
I can finally wash pots and pans with ease! And a leaky faucet doesn’t keep me up at night.
It’s all just too exciting!
What We Did:
- We used Rust-Oleum to paint the cabinets ourselves. We watched their video, bought the “espresso” kit at Home Depot, and started painting.
- We updated the cabinet hardware.
- We bought the new appliances on major sale during Memorial Day weekend.
- We painted the walls a light grey: Benjamin Moore’s Wish
- We had professionals install the granite, which is called Kashmir White. (For those in the DC area, Artistic Granite did the install for us. They were really great. Extremely helpful, quick turnaround, and did wonderful work, I highly recommend).
- Artistic Granite also installed our beveled subway tile back splash and the faucet/sink.
Now it’s time to do a lot of cooking!