Confession: Justin Bieber’s “Never Say Never” might possibly be the best movie I’ve seen so far in 2012.
I blame Netflix.
I may now have a slight case of Bieber fever.
I know. It’s so embarrassing coming from a 27 year old. But it was made so well, and his story is so fascinating I was sucked in immediately! I laughed, I cried. I’m appalled it didn’t win Best Picture at the Oscars.
No, but really, it was good.
This very girly Sunday was complete by also making a delicious veggie filled, and meat-less soup for dinner.
This soup inspiration came from this blog, and it is delicious. It is shocking how close this tastes to the real cream of broccoli without any cream. The secret to the creaminess is by including potatoes in the mix to thicken up the soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium-size baking potato (such as Russet), peeled and diced
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen broccoli
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot sauté olive oil, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic over medium-low heat until translucent and soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add potato, broccoli and 4 cups stock.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow soup to simmer until broccoli and potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and let cool 10 minutes; Stir in lemon juice and add salt/pepper to taste.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree soup until smooth and creamy.
You can also make variations by also adding carrots, celery, and/or cauliflower for additional nutrients.
I still craved a little cheese, so I sprinkled some on top. It was the perfect touch.
Have you seen the Justin Bieber movie?