25 Questions: Holiday Style
- Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate. I’m not a big fan of eggnog.
- Gifts under tree early or night before?
Growing up we always put the gifts under the tree on Christmas Eve.
- Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like white best. But both are so fun and cozy.
- Michael Buble or Mariah Carey Christmas playlist?
Absolutely Mariah Carey.
- When do you hang your decorations up?
First weekend of December.
- What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Sauerkraut and mushroom pierogi. Polish Christmas Eve tradition, yum.
- Favorite holiday memory as a child?
St. Nicholas always came to us on December 6th instead of December 25th. I always figured it was because we were Polish kids. 😉 But it was always such an exciting morning!
- What is on your Christmas wish list?
All I want for Christmas is a Kindle.
- Do you open any gifts on Christmas Eve?
We open all of our gifts on Christmas Eve. That is the Polish tradition. When the first star appears in the sky it means it is time to start eating a traditional meatless meal. After dinner it’s time to exchange gifts!
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Bright ball ornaments, silver beads, silver icicle, and any other memorable ornaments collected over the years.
- Snow? Love it or dread it?
I only like snow on the week between Christmas and New Years. Any other time, when I need to be outside or driving, I am not a fan.
- Real tree or fake tree?
Impartial. We always had a real one growing up. But the one in my home with A.K. is fake. Maybe we will try a real one someday.
- Do you remember your favorite gift?
I don’t think I ever got a gift I didn’t truly love. I remember other people’s big gifts more than my own… that insanely surprised excitement of my sister’s first cell phone was just priceless.
- What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Spending time with my family.
- What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I always make a gingerbread cake filled with jam that I love.
- White Christmas or warm tropics-like weather?
White Christmas! But one year my family spent Christmas in the Bahamas, and that was pretty awesome too!
- Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Meh. Not a huge fan, unless it’s the hershey’s candy cane kisses. I think I ate half a bag while making candy cane blossom cookies last night.
- Angel or star tree topper?
- Do you prefer giving or receiving
Definitely giving. I can’t do my Christmas shopping too early because I start getting overly exciting and dropping hints. I’m not good at being patient when I’m excited about something.
- O Holy Night or Silent Night??
O Holy Night is my absolute favorite Christmas carol. Beautiful. Especially the Mariah Carey rendition with the choir. *goosebumps*
- Top 5 must see Christmas movies?
Elf is my favorite! And then, Home Alone, the Grinch, Christmas with the Kranks, and I’ll be Home for Christmas (with a really young Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Jessica Biel, it always cracks us up!) Can you believe I have never seen “It’s a Wonderful Life”?! I hope to change that this year!
- Wrapping gifts: a ritual or a chore?
I definitely enjoy wrapping gifts, I spent a good 30 minutes trying to pick the right wrapping paper out of the rows and rows of thousands at Target! But unfortunately I’m not as meticulous and detail oriented as some people I know. My wrapping is a little more sloppy… but I try 😉
- Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
We usually go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve, and since our presents are also opened Christmas Eve, we just sleep in. Then we relax watching movies, and gather with extended family the rest of the day.
- Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
The mall only early on Black Friday. The rest of the Christmas season I now prefer online!
- Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Christmas card with a photo. Those are the best.
Now pick a few and tell me your answers! Any big similarities or differences?