All I can post about lately is Christmas. I’ve been bitten by the Christmas bug and it’s taken over my life.
Now that I’m done decorating and shopping, the next step is clearly baking while listening to Christmas music, right?
Isn’t that a rule somewhere?
Rolling out cookie batter is so much more fun while listening to Britney Spears’ My only wish this year on repeat.
It’s hard to listen to Old School Britney without suddenly being in the mood for ‘Nsync. When it was time to cut the cookies out, I jammed out to ‘NSync’s Merry Christmas Happy Holidays, which is my sister and my song. It’s just so ridiculously cheesy but yet so fun to dance around to in the kitchen. Makes me miss my sister.
By the time the cookies were all cut out I was feeling kind of snarky, and was in the mood for Lady Gaga’s not so PG Christmas song: Christmas Tree. It’s just so darn catchy.
I made some cookies with just sprinkles by brushing the cookies with egg whites and then placing the sprinkles on top so that it would stick, while listening to U2’s Baby Please Come Home (for Christmas).
The rest of the cookies were saved for frosting, while listening to Christina Aguilera’s Christmas time.
I made a huge mess frosting the cookies. Red and green icing and sprinkles splattered everywhere. Hence the very zoomed in pictures. White Christmas (the Home Alone version, obvi) brought out the artist in me. Any other time of year I would not have the patience to frost all of these cookies.
While the cookies baked and I cleaned everything up, I listened to Mariah Carey’s All I want for Christmas is you, and got major goosebumps listening to Mariah Carey’s Oh Holy Night, best rendition ever.
Christmas Cookie Cut Out Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking powder. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets or parchment paper.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely before frosting (I used store bought frosting).
These will be a delicious, festive addition to my packed lunches. 😉 And the rest will go to my work Christmas party this week so that I don’t eat all of them myself.
It’s hard to narrow down the list, but the songs listed are my top favorite Christmas songs.
Now tell me, what are your favorite songs to listen to this time of year?