Happy Cyber Monday!
My sister and I took Black Friday very seriously this year, and enjoyed the excitement of it all. However, overall I was disappointed with this year’s deals. I thought that the hype was way bigger than the actual deals themselves, unlike last year where the sales and door busters were much better.
We started out our Black Friday at midnight at Target.
There was a long line and they were only letting a certain number of people in at a time. So we decided not to stand in line and went to Old Navy First. When we came back to Target the line was gone and we walked right in.
I was disappointed by the deals. Pretty much everyone had a TV in their cart, and since I wasn’t shopping for TVs it wasn’t something I was excited about. I was hoping to stock up on towels and bedding, but unlike last year, they hardly had any of the good stuff on sale! We did end up getting a $19 Black & Decker toaster oven and our first Christmas tree! A 6.5 foot tree for $30.
The line looked terrifying because it wove in and out all of the side aisles all the way to the back of the store.
Target knew exactly what they were doing because by standing in these random aisles I picked up things that I thought I needed, like garbage disposal cleaner. When you stand by it long enough at 1am, you convince yourself you need it. 😉
However, Target was very prepared and organized and we only stood in this crazy line for 20 minutes.
We went home for a quick nap before returning to our Black Friday shopping in the morning. I think we accidentally went at the perfect time. We were at the mall by 8:00am, right in between the early morning 5am rush, and the regular day shoppers. It was perfect because we didn’t have to wait in a single line! We shopped around a bit, got a few minor items, but the sales were no different from what they were online 2 weeks ago. 40% off the whole store happens online all the time. Not that big of a deal. 60% off at GAP was pretty good though.
But our best Black Friday mall deal was definitely the O.P.I. and Essie nail polish sale at a salon in the mall, $4-4.95 each. I got some darker winter colors. I wish I got more.
Although, we did do some shopping, I’m not sure I will go to the mall again on Black Friday. The midnight madness was entertaining and I would go next year. But the lack of sleep was not worth the deals. So far today it looks like Cyber Monday is way better than Black Friday.
Cyber Monday highlights:
- $10 for $20 to spend at Overstock.com
- $25 for $50 to spend at Bluefly.com
- Everything on Bluefly.com is 75% off today
- $15 for $30 to spend at Snapfish on photo gifts.
- Amazon: Save 25% if you spend over $75 on shoes, 30% if over $150. Promo code: SHOECM11
- Piperlime: 20% off using code HUGECYBER + free shipping
- DSW: $15 off $75, $30 off $149 or $50 off $199 using code CYBER + free shipping on orders of $35 or more using code SHIPR
- Gilly Hicks (which in my opinion is better quality than VS) has 5/$25 underwear sale, with an additional 40% off with promo code: 55440 and free shipping!!
- Ann Taylor: 50% off everything + free shipping using code MONDAY
- LOFT: 50% off everything + free shipping using code SHOP50
- The Limited: 50% off original prices + free shipping using code CYBER
- ASOS: 20% off everything using code HAPPYBLACKFRIDAY
- Ulta: $10 off $60 using code 11410, $20 off $100 using code 18468 + free shipping on orders of $25 or more using code HOLIDAYSHP25
- Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic & Athleta: 30% off using code HUGECYBER + free shipping on orders of $50 or more
- J. Crew: 25% off every order + free shipping using code SURPRISE
- Madewell: Extra 30% off sale styles + free shipping using code ENJOY
- Lord & Taylor: Extra 25% (with limited exclusions) using code CYBER + free shipping on orders of $99 or more
- American Eagle Outfitters: Extra 25% off everything + free shipping using code 49827101
- JCPenney: Over 40,000 items marked down + free shipping on orders of $25 or more using code SHIP25
- Last Call by Neiman Marcus: Extra 30% off entire purchase (excludes spot-on savings clearance) + free shipping on orders of $75 or more using code 75NOVLC
- Check out dealnews.com for a great summary of all the other store deals.
Now tell me, what did you think of this year’s Black Friday madness? Did you snag any good deals this weekend? or today?