Thanks to my college roomie, US magazine is a guilty pleasure of mine. She has taught me that it is the only tabloid that is actually *somewhat* true with their news. So, due to a combination of the fact that it’s less trash and more photos and the sentimental roomiehood it represents – it holds a special place in my heart.
She had a subscription, so we dedicated a wall of our dorm to all of the US weekly covers we got throughout our sophomore year. It’s fun to see all of the headlines during that time… the year of Beniffer, Newlyweds, and K-Fed.
This post is inspired by the US Weekly “25 Things You Didn’t Know About Me” section and their “Stars They’re Just Like US” section to provide an insight to things I don’t normally bring up on the blog.
25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
- Growing up I always said I wanted to be a teacher. But then my senior year in high school, I taught Polish School one day a week for a year with 6 year olds, and that dream ended fast.
- I’m the oldest of 3 kids, yet I’m the shortest – by a lot.
- I went to an all-girls Catholic school for 6 years (middle school & HS).
- Gym was always my worst subject in school. My lowest grade in high school was the semester we did football and I spent most classes waving at cars driving by our field.
- I love making lists (obvi)
- I have a cereal obsession. I have it everyday for breakfast, and sometimes as a snack. I have a ridiculous stock pile so that I never run out.
- My feet are always cold. Always.
- I was one of the few lucky ones where my randomly assigned freshman year college roommate instantly became one of my best friends for life.
- My biggest pet peeve when driving is people that back into parking spots, especially since they increase my risks of getting a dent. I will never understand it.
- Laundry is probably my favorite household chore. Although I am not good at folding it all right away and it lingers…
- I hate ironing. I just can never do it right.
- I get really mean and cranky if I go anymore than 3 hours without eating. I stash snacks everywhere (purse, car, desk at work).
- I have pizza and/or Mexican at least once a week.
- I played flute in the middle school band.
- My favorite color is hot pink. Not pale pink, it’s gotta be hot.
- I like the feeling of accomplishment when I wake up early and do a lot before noon, but the actual act of getting up in the morning is really hard for me – so that rarely happens! They say it gets easier with age… I’m still waiting.
- I hate talking on the phone. I go out of my way to write emails, look up websites, just to avoid making a call.
- I drink hot tea in obscene quantities, all year round.
- And as my bf and sister like to point out, I love things that are typically associated with grandmas: baking, scrapbooking, board games, reading, going to bed early…
- I got really into knitting in college. Who does that? But that phase ended after I reached my scarf knitting limit.
- I love trying new food, the weirder the better. My favorite restaurants are the type that serve food I could never make myself.
- I hate the cold. And snow… except in December. Then it can go away.
- Don’t talk to me until I’ve eaten breakfast (see #12).
- I cannot sleep with socks on. Even when camping in the cold, I can fall asleep with them on, but inevitably in the middle of the night they somehow always come off.
- I drive a Prius.
Now tell me: What’s a little known fact about you? Do we have any of these in common?