I’ve been talking like it’s summer for the last 2 months. According to the weather it has been for a while. But today marks the official first day of summer, according to the calendar/sun.
The summer solstice means the sun is farthest north and that today has the longest daylight of the year.
Summer is already filled up with work, weddings, friends visiting, and vacations. But there are warm weekday nights, and a few plan-free weekends in between, and I want to make sure I do some summery things before it suddenly flies by.
Here are the things I want to make sure I do this summer:
- Eat outside on our balcony when it’s warm
- Go for a walk/jog with A.K. at least 3 times a week
- Go to a Yankee game at Yankee Stadium
- Learn more about my DSLR (either online or via a class or friend), and start taking it with me more places.
- Ride my bike! My dad brought it up when he visited and I have yet to use it.
- Find a nearby lake/beach/pool to go to
- Visit to the newly opened Wegmans (that’s only 30 miles away! yay) at least once a month for all my oh-so-missed Wegmans essentials.
- Not get depressed on my birthday.
- Get a mini grill to use in the parking lot… since it’s not allowed on our balcony
- Go to the public market for fresh fruits and vegetables
Enjoy the long daylight today!
What is on your summer to-do list?