“I cook with wine; sometimes I even add it to the food.” ~W. C. Fields
So everyone is blogging about the Oscars today, and there seems to be a common consensus with the best and worst dressed, with some controversial choices bouncing in between. Instead of going through the dresses that everyone has already critiqued, I wanted to focus on Anne Hathaway, and her 8 absolutely gorgeous dress changes. She was styled by my favorite reality tv obsession, Rachel Zoe, and I think she did such a fantastic job! She has such a talent for choosing such classic pieces, with a unique flare that make them stand out from all of the rest. Here are all the stunning gowns that Anne wore.
They are all so gorgeous, and it’s hard to pick but I think that my absolute favorites are the ivory Givenchy Haute Couture (second from the left on the top row), and the burgundy Atelier Versace (second from the left on the bottom row) that she also wore again after the show to the Vanity Fair after party. I left out the suit she wore, even though she looked great, but the dresses deserve more attention.
Anyways, back to cooking…
I received a crock pot cookbook for Christmas along with my crock pot. It is three books in one so it was incredibly hard to pick the first recipe to try, but I chose this one because I’ve been craving soup lately. It’s a nice all in one filling dish, and perfect for a rainy Monday like today.
Tuscan Beef Stew
- 1 10.75 oz can of condensed tomato soup
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or water
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced italian-style tomatoes
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces (or baby carrots work too)
- 1t Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/2t garlic powder
- 1 16 oz can white kidney (cannellini) beans, drained
- Mix soup, broth, wine, beef, tomatoes, carrots, italian seasoning, and garlic powder in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours until done.
- Stir in beans. Turn heat to HIGH and cook for 10 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.