“Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” ~Jim Davis
Mmmm there’s nothing like muffins with coffee. They go together like salt and pepper, peanut butter and jelly, shampoo and conditioner, jennifer aniston and courtney cox, ha you get the picture – gotta have ’em. I got this recipe from a coworker who brought chocolate chip muffins into work that were so delicious I instantly asked her for the recipe. She laughed and told me it was a recipe where you can cheat your way into gourmet tasting baked goods (love it). All you need is muffin mix and a can of pumpkin puree. No butter, no oil, and not even eggs, makes this recipe low-fat (guilt free) and full of vitamins from the pumpkin, without taking away from the indulgant flavor!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package muffin mix (any type! today i used blueberry muffin mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the muffin mix, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon, until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
These muffins stay very moist and fresh for at least a week. They taste good even when frozen and defrosted.
Additional baking tip: This recipe also works great with cake mix instead of muffin mix with the pumpkin for fast and delicious cupcakes as well! It opens up a lot of possibilities and flavors to play with.