“A house is no home unless it contain food and fire for the mind as well as for the body.” ~Margaret Fuller
We have been working really hard all week and the new home is coming together very nicely and quickly! It’s been a challenge putting things together or making the cable boxes work, but it’s been fun making it our own. I love finally having plentiful separate closet space for everything, for probably the first time in my life. I love having a dresser, a big girl bed with a back board, and not fighting over one night stand. But most of all I love the separation of dining room, couch, office, and bed, which used to all be one (my bed). I love love love my new kitchen! It’s small and cozy, but just the right size to fit everything we have (with room to buy more) and plenty of working space to cook!
My Mama got me a crock pot for Christmas that I have been dyyyying to try out. She also got me a crock pot cook book, so between that and my obsession with Allrecipes.com recipes (and their reviews) I will be experimenting with a lot of crock pot dishes. Pulled pork will be my first…
BBQ Pulled Pork:
- 1 (14 oz ) can beef broth
- 3 pounds boneless pork ribs
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- Pour can of beef broth into slow cooker, and add boneless pork ribs.
- Cook on High heat for 4 hours (or low heat for 8 hours) until meat shreds easily.
- Remove meat, and shred with two forks. It will seem that it’s not working right away, but it will start to shred on its own.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Transfer the shredded pork to a Dutch oven (or iron skillet), and stir in bottle of barbecue sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
The pulled pork turned out very tender, juicy, and delicious! It required very little effort, and pretty much prepared itself while I was at work all day. This will definitely be added to the rotation of weekday dinner recipes in the new home.